I got this recipe from Maangchi Website. She posts recipes on Korean food, and being a fan of korean food since childhood made me want to make my own version at home. She has videos posted up on her site aside from photos which make cooking this dish easier.
I didn’t have everything on her recipe but I was still able to make something like it.
This is my compromised version, you can go to her website for the original recipe.
Make “pajori” (green onion salad) – (for my version I made it with the onions itself since I did not have the onion chives)
- Shred about 3 bunches of green onions to make 5 cups. Soak it in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tbs hot pepper flakes, 2 ts sugar, 1 tbs sesame seeds, and 1 tbs sesame oil. Set it aside.
- Drain the shredded green onion.
- Add the green onion to the bowl and mix it with the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat up the grill.
- Put sesame oil on the hot plate so your pork belly doesn’t stick.
- Place the pork belly and vegetables to grill.
As for the soybean paste dipping sauce, I did not have the recipe so I didn’t make it, still the barbecue tasted great!